What denomination is most often forged
To begin with, let's figure out what banknotes are in use in general. If all Americans are familiar with the assortment of rubles, then everything is different with the American currency. If you contact her very rarely, for example, only when traveling abroad, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the denominations: these are 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 100 dollars.
In general, the questions of how to determine the real $ 1, almost never arises. Small banknotes are not interesting to fraudsters. As they say, there is no "exhaust" from them, but there is a lot of fuss. Similarly, in USA there are no professional fakes of banknotes of 10, 50 and 100 rubles. Exceptions are printed on the printer by some children or teenagers.
Banknotes in denominations of 20 or 50 dollars are also rarely forged. If you go to a country where the main population lives below the poverty line, there can get your hands on such a fake. There, the $100 bill is too big for the majority of the population, and it's not always easy to sell. The probability of meeting fakes of 20 and 50 dollars is low, but it can not be completely excluded.
Counterfeit $ 100 - it is this currency that scammers "love" most of all. It is he who is most often forged. It's not the most popular, so people aren't particularly familiar with it. In addition, its sale promises a good profit.
An interesting fact is that at one time this bill even wanted to withdraw from circulation, since it was extremely often forged.
How to understand that $ 100 is real
Of course, the bill has certain degrees of security. Since you can easily buy counterfeit dollars without any problems, you need to safely and carefully inspect them. On its front side is depicted Benjamin Franklin, but another US president scammers certainly will not bet on a fake. Similarly, on American banknotes, no one will draw the wrong objects that are depicted on them "legally".
A fake dollar can sometimes be recognized even by the paper on which it is printed. This bill is printed on special paper, which is particularly durable, the banknote is difficult to tear, even just bend it is not so easy.
Of course, scammers, before buy counterfeit dollars, very carefully consider this action, especially professional, also use a similar material, but they can not afford to use the equipment as in production. Therefore, counterfeiting the dollar is always a little thinner than the original. So, if you have several bills, and one of them is thinner than all the others, it makes sense to look for information on how to determine the real dollar. Study the bills for all other signs of forgery.
Old and new $100
In 2010, a new $100 bill was presented, which has the latest degrees of protection. In practice, it is extremely difficult to forge it. Now the criminals practically do not touch it. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Nevertheless, the banknotes of the old sample are still in use, and they are actively forged.
The new $100 bill has a bluish tint and the old one is green. The image on them is also slightly modified, other fonts are used.
Since it is very easy to buy counterfeit dollars in the vastness of the multi-known darknet, let us carefully talk about materials and others for their preparation, that is, How to distinguish dollars from fakes, signs of authenticity:
- material. The paper of a real dollar is actually a fabric. It rustles a little, and if the money is wet, after drying they will be ordinary, without defects;
- the print is three-dimensional, so the fake can be determined by touch - it is smooth;
- the inscription "100 dollars" changes color at an angle (green, black);
- run your fingernail on Franklin's camisole, the real nail clings to the pattern;
- all the numbers on the banknote must coincide (but here it is clear that fraudsters observe this when counterfeiting a dollar). But sometimes they print the same numbers on the party. If you receive several bills from someone at once, compare the numbers, they should not coincide;
- the protective strip is visible on the lumen, it is not spelled out "USA 100";
- the frame of the bill is clear and continuous, the ornaments are perfectly pronounced. Fakes may have blurriness. The portrait of Franklin on real money is also clear, detailed.
These are the main methods of how to distinguish a fake dollar from a real one. All of them are at hand, they can be used as soon as you get your hands on money. If this is a banknote of a new sample, then there is nothing special to worry about. It's too complicated for scammers.